Re: [Xen-users] [Xen]Do some stuffs for xen

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012, harryxiyou wrote:
>> Hi lists and developers,
>>
>> Maybe i should not talk about following stuffs here. If true, please
>> forgive me ;-).
>>
>> Best wishes to us ;-)
>
> Thanks for your enthusiasm :)
>
> We haven't finalized our list of GSoC projects for this year yet, but
> keep an eye on our GSoC page on the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/GSoC_2012_Ideas#Key_Google_Pages

Thanks, i have added the 'Possible Student(s)' line for us.

> Regarding your project idea, please provide more details about it:
> considering that the cloudxy webpage is in Chinese I really don't know
> what it is about.

Hi Stefano,

Our project's name is Cloudxy, which is about Cloud Calculating like
Amazon's EC2.
It has two sub-systems, which is ECMS (Elastic Cloud Managesystem System) and
HLFS(Hadoop hdfs and log structured Filesystem). Hlfs is like Amazon's EBS. ECMS
is a scheduling system, which distributes VM and recycles VM.

We have pluged our HLFS  to xen's blktap2 as a driver like 'aio',
'vhd'. So we can use xen's
domu as our VM and HLFS as our blktap2 driver.

So i think if we have any mentor wanna to do blktap2's driver
development in GSOC 2012,
which i have done this portions for a long time. I am sure i can
develop this kind of driver
successfully. ;-)  If you have some ideas about blktap2 drivers or
something ideas about
xen, feel free to contact me. You will be my mentor ;-)

--
Thanks
Harry Wei