Re: [Xen-users] XCP & Openstack

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Andrew Eross <eross@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Todd, if I have it right, however, it seems that the instructions here are
> still in fact the best method to get started with creating a production
> cluster, is that right?
> http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServerDevelopment

No, this is for a development environment as well. For a production
environment your going to want look into things like Chef, Puppet,
Crowbar, etc.

here is the chef cookbook for Xen+OpenStack:
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-chef/tree/master/cookbooks/xenserver

> Also about the plug-ins you mentioned
> (http://downloads.xen.org/XCP/openstack/openstack-xen-plugins/).. where do
> they fit into the picture?

Instead of having to pull the nova source and copy the xen-api plugins
by coping them into place (e.g.
http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServerDevelopment#Install_Nova_plugins)
you can instead just install the RPM on dom0.

Thank you for your efforts and documentation. I also wanted to mention
that we also have xcp-toolstack branch for using xcp-api packages on
Debian/Ubuntu (see
https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg07759.html)

Cheers,
Todd