Re: [Xen-users] LV resize encrypted volume

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Jan Bakuwel <jan.bakuwel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> At this point I'm guessing that there might be a bug your current
>> kernel/xen versions. Since lenny is not current stable, I doubt there
>> will be any interest to fix that.
>

> It must have something to do with the fact that the LV is (luks)
> encrypted since other volumes resize without issue (I've done that many
> times).

But it shouldn't.

dom0 shouldn't care what the domU uses the disk for, and domU's xen
block frontend shouldn't really care what other kernel subsystem or
userland uses the block device for. Whether it's encrypted, or used
for filesystem, or used as raw block device for database, or whatever.

Unfortunately, like I said earlier, since you're using old software
there won't be much interest in fixing this.

>> You should be able to permanently solve that by upgrading. Or maybe
>> rebooting dom0 works.
>
> I've scheduled a reboot of dom0 for the weekend and will inform the list
> if that solves the problem.

Good luck.

--
Fajar