Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Prebuilt Xen PV-HVM templates.

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, Joseph Glanville wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have started preparing a library of PV-HVM templates for use on Xen
> 4.X+ and PVOPS dom0.
> This was brought up late last year as something that would make Xen
> alot easier for beginners to try.
> They are also great for testing - I will be setting up some stuff to
> do automatic testing of distro kernel compatibility against
> xen-unstable.
>
> Mirror page is here:
>
>     http://mirror.orionvm.com.au
>
> You can browse what stuff I will be mirroring here:
>
>     http://mirror.orionvm.com.au/pub/
>
> Initially there is Debian 6, CentOS 6.2 and Ubuntu 12.04 available
> (the final beta, will be updated to final shortly).
> Included is an OS image, a config file, a README and the associated
> licences etc.

Great idea! I am downloading the debian6 bz2 image right now, I'll let
you know if I find any issues.

> The images are bz2 compressed blockdevice images suitable for use on
> LVM or a file backed tapdisk if you have the appropriate backend.
> (alternatively you can use the loop device but this is discouraged)
> All images have serial console enabled, PV network and block devices,
> fixed udev rules etc.

I have just fixed the QDISK performance issues so as soon as the patches
are applied to xen-unstable one should be able to use QEMU as disk
backend just a easily.

Maybe we should write a wiki page about this and link
http://mirror.orionvm.com.au/pub/ from there.
Lars, what do you think about it?