Re: [Xen-users] Creating a new domain from a cd

On 3 April 2012 19:40, Dustin Beuerlein <dbeuerlein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am completely new to Xen and Gentoo. But I need to create a new virtual
> host from a cd using Xen. I've tried creating a new domain with "xm new name
> " and it obviously errors out. So I was wondering if anyone has a quick
> guide to create domains with Xen that I could read.
Hi!

you can start from here:
http://www.virtuatopia.com/index.php/Image:Xen_Essentials.jpg

Furthermore, if you want to create a domU from a CD you may:
- use the .iso image file of the installation CD
disk = [ 'file:/path/to/gentoo-domU.img,hda,w',
'file:/path/to/gentoo.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

- use the cdrom
disk = [ 'file:/path/to/gentoo-domU.img,hda,w', 'phy:/dev/cdrom,hdc:cdrom,r']

And I suggest to use the new xl toolstack, not the old one xm.

Cheers,

--
Flavio