Re: [Xen-users] 24TB redundant storage

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Sergey Melnik <admin.sa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, Xen-Users.
>
> We are looking for a HCL-supported storage appliance, capable of
> realtime block replication between 2 nodes

Realtime replication is expensive. Make sure you REALLY need that, as
it can double (or more) the price of your storage system, AND reduce
your storage sync performance greatly.

> and active/passive HA with
> failover to use it with XCP.
> Planned VMs are AD, WSUS, Mail server (exim, mysql, dovecot),
> Asterisk, ERP, File server and so on totaling with 700 users.
>
> HP, Dell and NetApp look too expensive for our CEO.
>
> Any ideas or comments?

I'd start with:
- get oracle's quote for their unified storage appliance. Make sure
you get the one with SSDs. It should be cheaper than netapp.
- look into nexenta on whatever hardware they recommend (AFAIK
supermicro or dell/HP boxes should be good)

If both are still too expensive, the last path would be your own
home-brew solution using either openindiana or linux+drbd.

--
Fajar