Re: [Xen-users] 24TB redundant storage

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Sergey Melnik <admin.sa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello, Xen-Users.
>>
>> We are looking for a HCL-supported storage appliance, capable of
>> realtime block replication between 2 nodes
>
> Realtime replication is expensive. Make sure you REALLY need that, as
> it can double (or more) the price of your storage system, AND reduce
> your storage sync performance greatly.

If the "appliance" part is flexible, then you can build your own setup
using either FreeBSD + ZFS + HAST or Linux + DRBD +
filesystem-of-choice.  Both other realtime replication, HA fail-over,
and whatever NAS/SAN protocol you want to use ... for free.  All you
pay for is the hardware.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx