Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI disk disappears at boot (no boot device)

... tumbleweeds blow by ... :-)

I've been getting some response on the virt-manager list and someone just told me the following, which has me a bit confused :

Quote : "So to boot from iSCSI you need to use an iSCSI software initiator.
Like gPXE or so. "

What has me confused is that this worked fine with VirtualBox without any extra bits and pieces.   Does that mean that VirtualBox has the initiator built in but Xen does not?   And if not, then how is it I am able to connect the iSCSI disk to the VM (in virt-manager) in the first place?  I thought the mere fact that I can connected it requires that there is an initiator on one end ( xen / virt-manager ) and target on the other end (my iSCSI server)

thanks,
-Alan