Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI disk disappears at boot (no boot device)

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay+xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> That error looks like something stupid that happens when your dom0
>> does not actualy have "hda", which should not happen. At least not in
>> newer versions of xen.
>>
>> Does your dom0 have a /dev/hda?
>

> Nope, it does not
>

>> If not, try "mknod /dev/hda b 3 0",
>> "mknod /dev/hdc b 22 0", and try again.
>

> Oh I had really high hopes for this one when I saw it at home last night -
> but sadly it still does not work :-(
>
> Are there updated packages available for RHEL5.8?

This is probably a good time to file support ticket in RHN.

> I just did a "yum update" and got a slightly newer kernel that I will try,
> but I mean the latest and greatest - is there somewhere I can get that for
> RHEL5.8?

gitco should have newer xen packages which should work with RHEL's
kernel-xen, but they're unofficial and will void your RHEL support:
http://www.gitco.de/repo/

You could also probably mix them with latest vanilla kernel (again,
unofficial, unsupported), which can also function as dom0:
http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml ,
https://blogs.oracle.com/linux/entry/oracle_unbreakable_enterprise_kernel_release

--
Fajar