Re: [Xen-users] reboot on booting xen-unstable

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Rolu <rolu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Rolu <rolu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've compiled Xen unstable from source and tried using it. When
> booting I do see Xen starting, but at the point where I normally start
> getting the dom0 kernel messages I just get a black screen for a few
> seconds, and then the machine reboots. It leaves no messages or log
> files, of course.
>
> revision I compiled: 25459
> OS: ubuntu 12.04
> dom0 kernel 3.2.0-24 (also tried -23), from the repositories. This
> kernel works with Xen 4.1 from the repositories.
>
> I had to apply the patch from
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-02/msg03460.html to
> get it to compile. Could this have broken something?
>
> Is there a way to have it display some log messages instead of rebooting?
>
> Any idea how to get it to work?
>
> If anyone else here is successfully using a recent revision, can you
> tell me which one, so I can try it too?

I've tried revision 25364 and 25099 (both picked because I found
someone reporting they worked for them). I got both to compile with
one or two patches, but with the same result.

I have the same issue running xen 4.2 unstable on ubuntu 12.04. My screen turns black after starting the hypervisor, the computer reboots, and leaves no logs. The patch you mentioned shouldn't change any functionality, so that is probably not the cause. All the messages from the hypervisor seem typical.
Specs:
Ubuntu 12.04
Kernel: 3.2.0-24-generic
Processor: AMD FX-8150