Re: [Xen-users] What do you do for Xen 4.2?

On 15/06/2012 11:55, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Jonathan Tripathy<jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 15/06/2012 11:41, John Sherwood wrote:
You can't find any 4.2 packages or the like through standard channels
because 4.2 is still "unstable" (e.g., under development)

Thanks, but I meant 4.1.x. Where can I find a trustworthy 4.1.x repo?
If by "trustworthy" you mean "as rock-stable, fast, and plug-and-play
as RHEL5 + bundled/gitco hypervisor", then I actually suggest DON'T
upgrade. Seriously :)

While latest version have improvements (e.g. vanilla kernel as dom0),
IMHO it actually regressed in some areas. For exampe, you'll no longer
find a blktap kernel module (used for tap:aio and tap:vhd). On some
versions, those features stopped working altogether, while on other
versions it's somewhat functional but slower (using qemu).

Hi Fajar,

Thanks for your comments.

I guess the main reason I wish to upgrade is due to the recent security CVEs announced, and one day 3.4.x will not get any more security updates :(

We don't use tap:aio, only phy, so I guess the blktap issue doesn't affect us?

Thanks