Re: [Xen-users] Error:bridge-utils are not installing

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Eric <epretorious@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:08:33 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: maheen butt <maheen_butt26@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 19:09:44 +0000

Maheen:

If you're more familiar with RHEL/CentOS you could just follow Chapters 7 & 8 of the
Virtualization Guide for RHEL5. It's not as detailed as the Xen Beginners Guide but "it just works". (I used the Virtualization Guide last night to create my first instance of Xen on CentOS 5.7 [x86_64] - It was very simple.) You might need to refer to Chapter 2 of the Installation Guide for RHEL5 in order to make the installation tree "accessible using one of the following network protocols: HTTP, FTP or NFS." (Refer to the footnote at the bottom of Step #7 of Chapter 7.2, "Creating guests with virt-manager" for more on this.)

Once you've got it installed, I recommend reading Chapter 25 of the Virtualization Guide to learn the basics of creating/configuring/managing VM's from the CLI (using virsh).

Eric Pretorious
Truckee, CA