Re: [Xen-users] Basic Network Bridge

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Eric Lindsey <eslindsey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:21:09 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:26:16 +0000

Sorry Alexandre I never did get used to that reply-to-list instead of
reply-to-author. Anyhow, here's what I've done:

Restarting dnsmasq and giving the network time was the first thing I tried.
Neither helped.

I built the bridge manually in the interfaces file, now my bridge is br0 (with
the IP address), my physical Ethernet is eth0 and bridged (set to manual--no
IP) and obviously eth1 still minding its own business in the WAN world.

I've also implemented my NAT script again to make sure there aren't any other
issues I'm missing. My LAN computers are now successfully getting DHCP from www
(my server) again and are reaching the Internet.

I've also hardcoded dnsmasq to listen on br0, instead of telling it everything
except eth1.

Now, when I boot the VM I can see once again in my dom0 logs, a DHCPREQUEST on
br0, and a DHCPOFFER also on br0. But the VM never sees it.

How can I use tcpdump to try and track down this problem?

Thanks for your help,
Eric Lindsey