Re: [Xen-users] Basic Network Bridge

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:53:46 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 04:56:00 +0000

Hello.

El 21/06/2012 09:21 p.m., Eric Lindsey escribiÃ:
My LAN computers are now successfully getting DHCP from www (my server) again
and are reaching the Internet.
I assume, "www" is your Dom0, so the DHCP server is functional, after all.

Now, when I boot the VM I can see once again in my dom0 logs, a DHCPREQUEST on
br0, and a DHCPOFFER also on br0. But the VM never sees it.

How can I use tcpdump to try and track down this problem?
On Dom0, run "tcpdump -ni br0" and watch for DHCP negotiation. You should see at least the request and the offer. Then, do the same on your DomU, using appropiate interface to sniff on. As you describe it, you probably will not see the DHCPOFFER.

That would isolate the problem to the DomU's failure to recieve traffic. iptables INPUT rule prohibiting it, maybe?

What about static IP configuration on DomU, does it works?