Re: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough, Radeon 7950 and Windows 7 64-bit

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Matthias
<matthias.kannenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a quite similar setup working with vga passthrough. Can you
> provide some more information?
>
> What kernel are you using? With xen patches?
> Everything xen related compiled from source or any distro packages?

Qubes packages for libs (that's Xen 4.1.2 patched), the other
4.1.3-rc1 hypervisor by myself from Gentoo ebuild.

> Are you using gfx_passthrough=1 ?

No, secondary PCI card.

> qemu-dm or stubdom?

Mentioned in the post, qemu-dm. I was unable to make stubdom work with
the rest of the networking setup yet.

> xl or xm?

Xl. No xm here anymore, as xend is not started.

> Hiding the vga card on boot and passing it to the domu via config in
> pci = [] or doing everything on the fly?

Statically, as in pci = [ '0000:01:00.0', '0000:01:00.1' ].

> If this is any help: my setup is running on a debian wheezy with an
> openSuse Kernel (3.4.2) and their xen patches. I'm hiding my vga on
> boot via pciback.hide (no other pciback params)

Here, it's being hidden by the initramfs using sysfs, before modules
being loaded.
I can attach the script that does this - it just adds the slots and
binds the devices to pciback.

> For pagefaults, i find the dmesg and xm dmesg outputs more informative
> than the actual xen logs for most of the time.. anything suspicious
> coming up there?

Nothing obvious, that's the problem. I'll attach a whole collection of
logs later.

Thanks,
--
RadosÅaw SzkodziÅski