Re: [Xen-users] Xen 10GBit Ethernet network performance

On 01/07/2012 20:56, Eric Lindsey wrote:
I've tried and no matter how I try to configure it, the DHCP server on dom0 (dnsmasq listening on br0) does not succesfully assign IPs to my VMs--even though it does see the DHCPREQUEST and make a DHCPOFFER. And it works fine for all the physical machines on the network.

In line with most community mail lists, it would be very much appreciated if you didn't top post

The standard Linux bridge is a simple piece of software that performs a simple task: layer 2 transport of network traffic. An "out of the box" installation of Xen will have enabled Xen in "bridge mode" by default. Start from there, use an external DHCP server (e.g. home router) for testing, and see if your DomUs can pick up IP addresses. If this works, you've confirmed that bridging is working ok.

If you really want to run a DHCP server on the Xen box, then I highly recommend that you install dhcpd on a separate DomU. That should work no problems. Keep the Dom0 clean and free from such unnecessities

Cheers