Re: [Xen-users] USB2.0 in Windows7 GPLPV Guest

I just tested my own suggestion with no changes in USB 2.0 speeds, however I did verify much greater speeds when running USB 2.0 External on my USB 3.0 drive port.

If you visit your motherboard manufacturers web page, download their "INF" package, that contains the USB 2.0 drivers specific to your motherboards chipset.  You can select the controllers from device manager and manually point to the files, this way you only load those specific drivers.

Speed tests:

USB 3.0 to 3.0 sustained 90MB/sec.

USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 external sustained over 50MB/sec (forwards compatible USB 2.0?  Seems absurdly speedy).

USB 2.0 to USB 2.0 with default windows drivers sustained 13-15 MB/sec.  This speed remained the same with the Motherboards drivers, but the devices are now listed under the same name as Linux identifies them (by their chipset).

I hope this helps.