Re: [Xen-users] Can't write to floppy image (fda)

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Christian Holpert <christian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 10:09:20 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 08:16:41 +0000

At 00:08 13.07.2012, you wrote:
> I also managed to attach a floppy disk image to the DomU. It shows up in
> Windows as expected and I can read the files stored on the disk image.
> However, any attempts to write to the disk fail stating that it's write
> protected.
>
> I'm using these two lines in the DomU configuration for the floppy disk
> and the hard disk:
> fda = '/root/xen/floppy'
> disk = [ 'file:/root/xen/win.img,hda,w' ]
>
> Is it expected behavior that I can't write to the floppy? The underlying
> image files for "fda" and "disk" have the same permissions in Dom0, so I
> think I can rule that out as the source of the problem.

Move /xen/floppy out of /root. At least it's worth a try.

> Error: Unable to find number for device (fda)

Google says: it may mean that you've run out of block loops
http://wiki.prgmr.com/mediawiki/index.php/Troubleshooting#Error:_Unable_to_find_number_for_device_.28cdrom.29

Christian

--
Markt-Apotheke Christian Holpert e.K., Mömbris
  http://www.marktapotheke.org - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amtsgericht Aschaffenburg, HR.A, Registernummer 2165