Re: [Xen-users] Cisco switch issue -- after Debian updates had me stumped...

On 12/08/2012 4:37 PM, Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat IT&Internet) wrote:
>> Both the Xen server and the VM are listed under one port (as expected)
>> with their MAC addresses as "Dynamic".  I've added those MAC addresses
>> to static in the Cisco now.  Not sure this is a good idea(tm), as I
>> would like to check the status if or when this happens again -- but now
>> it shouldn't happen again.
>
> Is it possible on your switch to define the "allowed" MAC's for that port by
> hand (i.e. as acls or similiar)?
>
> I did not know cisco's "port security" in that os version in more detail, but
> it may be that the switch just "catches" and accepts the first MAC (usually
> the Dom0 one) and not the later coming second from DomU anymore.

Yes but it accepted two MAC addresses before the reboot [until it
stopped working] and it is working fine with two MAC addresses after the
reboot -- it is only new that I have added them as static MAC addresses
in the MAC address table of the switch.  The Xen config for the VM has
always had the same MAC address, statically assigned in the .cfg file.

Thanks.

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM