Re: [Xen-users] XCP default partition layout?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:10:58 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:12:24 +0000

El 17/08/12 01:02, John Morris escribió:
I'm not afraid of the source.  ;)
Heh, sorry for the underestimation.
(:

Never felt like the Flash speed has been an issue for me. Some bit slow on response, nothing more. Ah, and my installation was from network, so I had to use NFS instead of HTTP to fetch the data, the writing was slow and http suffered timeouts.

But, I must add, I never wen beyond pilot tests with XCP, no production. In my case I stuck with the setup of a orchestration platform.

I wrote up a cookbook to automate the initrd rebuild with a post-install
script for those using an XCP answer file.  It occurs to me that
/etc/fstab should mount / with the noatime option, and (something a
script can't know how to do) move the swapfile somewhere else.

http://www.zultron.com/2012/08/xcp-on-usb-automate-initrd-rebuild/
Great reference.

In my case, I have generated the initrd once and then booted the nodes from PXE using it, with the same mechanism I used to install them initially.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov