Re: [Xen-users] Bugs in VNC viewer ? Mouse offset and keyboard map incorrect

On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 21:22 +0100, Mark van Dijk wrote:
> Quoting Fabrice Delente's message from 10 sep 2012:
> >Hello.
> >
> >Am I the only one to have problem with the VNC server that is included
> >in Xen? Ihave tried with several VNC client, and every time
> >
> >* the mouse cursor is offset from the host system cursor;
>
> Yeah, that's pretty common in my experience. It's because the client
> uses its own cursor acceleration.

Using usbdevice="tablet" in your guest config fixes this by using an
absolute device type.

> >* the keys on the keyboard give characters that don't match (for
> >example, typing ';' on my keyboard gives an 'm' on the guest's
> >screen...)
>
> Probably an issue between different keymaps on the VNC client and
> server. Maybe you can set a keymap on your vnc client? I use remmina
> as a vnc client (wrapper), and am able to choose different clients. I
> use the dvorak layout, so I have set my VNC client to dvorak as well.
> But on the guest VM I still have to set it to the US layout.
> Probably because the client sends key codes, not characters, to the
> VNC server.

You can also use keymap='XX' in your guest config to configure the VNC
server. I use keymap='en-gb' and that serves me well enough without
client side configuration, but I don't have much experience with keymaps
which differ more substantially from the default us one than the UK one
does.

Ian.