Re: [Xen-users] Poor Windows 2003 + GPLPV performance compared to VMWare

On 15/09/12 15:59, James Harper wrote:
>>> Are you certain the GPLPV drivers have taken hold and you aren't using
>>> emulated devices?
>>
>> Within Windows, Device Manager shows the Disk Drives as "XEV PV DISK SCSI
>> Disk Device", this is the newest one which it detected and installed after I
>> changed the config from hda to xvda.
>>

> That's definitely using GPLPV. Changing hda to xvda should have any impact on
> anything that GPLPV cares about.
>
> Can you confirm that you definitely are running Windows 2003 SP2? Anything
> prior will have a big impact on performance.

Hmmm, ooops, to be honest I almost didn't bother checking this to
confirm, as I assumed it would obviously be the latest service pack.
However, it would seem that I am very wrong, it is Windows 2003 service
pack 1.

I'll see if I can get all the latest service packs installed and
updated, and then re-test and see how it goes. Thanks so much for your
suggestion.

Regards,
Adam

--