Re: [Xen-users] Poor Windows 2003 + GPLPV performance compared to VMWare

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Adam Goryachev
<mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could you suggest a "standard" tool which would allow me to test disk IO
> performance (this is my initial suspicion for slow performance), and

I'd suggest you try fio, with random read/write load, and data size at
least twice the ammount of memory.

> also CPU performance (I'm starting to suspect this too now) in both

not sure about that one. And I'm not sure it would be useful either.

What is your application, and what kind of load was it? If it was a
synthetic load, then it's already a good benchmark tool. However if
it's live load that you can't control, I suggest you try something
like sysbench to test sql performance. I usually use sysbench with
mysql and 1 million rows.

--
Fajar