Re: [Xen-users] IOMMU

On 10/07/2012 03:45 AM, Andrew Bobulsky wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Likarpenkov Alexander
> <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> #dmidecode | grep -A2 ASUS
>>        Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
>>        Product Name: M5A97
>>
>> #cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep AMD
>> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
>> model name      : AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor
>>
>> XEN 4.2
>> This message send from WINDOWS HVM on this MB+CPU on XEN
>> See attachment.
I also did successful passthrough with AMD FX-8150 and GA-990FXA-UD5,
and Radeon HD 6770. The board Andrew suggested was the same with more
gigabit ports, etc. but mine is cheaper. I used winxp 32 bit, and win8
32 and 64 bit. (where 64 bit has no sound drivers for the emulated
cards). And I only tried gplpv in windows xp, which works fine (other
than some difficulties installing gplpv, which are solved by clicking
"next, next, etc." to auto find your hardware when those dialogs pop up
during install)

> !!!!
>
> So you can get the GPU passed through with the AMD and GPLPV!  Oh my
> that's such great news!
>
> Have you had the opportunity to try it with a Radeon HD 5000 or 6000
> series card?  My problems has been with those cards on the 890FX and
> 990FX chipset though... that may make a difference.
As I said, mine is a Radeon HD 6770. The impression I get is that
probably any Radeon HD card works. Alexander's HD 2600 is the oldest one
I saw so far. Maybe because anything older is often AGP.