[Xen-users] Quick trick on matching USB root hubs to PCI ids

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: David Sutton <pere@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 02:31:30 -0500 (CDT)
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 07:37:39 +0000

Hi all,

  I was looking through some archived posts in this forum, and noticed a few
people mentioning having to use trial and error when trying to use PCI
passthrough to get a USB root hub passed through to a HVM domU. I thought I'd
share something I noticed which made this much easier for me.

  Say I wanted to pass through a root hub which has my USB Plantronics headset
connected to it. The 'lsusb' command shows me that the device is on the
following:

Bus 011 Device 006: ID 047f:c006 Plantronics, Inc.

  It also shows me the root hub for Bus 011:

Bus 011 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

  You can then run the following command, either as root or via sudo:

# lsusb -s 011:001 -v | grep iSerial

  iSerial                 1 0000:00:16.0

And the PCI id is 0000:00:16.0

Hope this helps,