Re: [Xen-users] xen 4.2.0, xl dmesg permission denied

Hi Ian,

Am 23.10.2012 um 14:26 schrieb Ian Campbell:
> The usual reason for this is that you have a mismatched pairing of
> hypervisor / tools. Check you aren't running the old tools (including
> libraries) with the new hypervisor or vice versa.

Thanks so much, that has been the pointer I needed! I figured I've been running
an old hypervisor all the time because of replacing the wrong file in /boot.
Some time ago when switching from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 I'd made a copy of the
hypervisor in /boot in case the new one wouldn't run. And I was still using
that old hypervisor. I feel a little embarrassed.

Frank