Re: [Xen-users] Hard reset on starting HVM dom0, multiple kernels, distros, xen versions

On Nov 17, 2012, at 2:41 AM, Guido Hecken wrote:

[GH]
Same here, all of our xen hypervsiors are running under debian squeeze without any problems.
At the moment I'm testing debian wheezy with xen 4.1.3, everything seems to run fine. All machines using HVM or Paravirtualization run stable and with good performance.

As others already advised here, check your hardware and test with squeeze or wheezy.
The squeeze/wheezy hypervisors are installed and configured by using preseed in ~15 minutes - assumed you have a functional netboot environment and a working preseed-file.

Just my 2 cents
Guido

I gave that a shot, and the same.

A new BIOS for the motherboard came out last week, and that fixed it.   Hardware after all!

Something to keep in mind with recent processors, so I figured I'd post it for completeness.

-Sam