[Xen-users] VGA-Passthrough: Driver suggestion for Nvidia GT 520

Dear list,
currently I have a Debian Wheezy with Kernel 3.6.6 and Xen 4.2 as Dom0
and an Ubuntu 12.04 as a HVM DomU with vga passthrough for my Nvidia
GT 520 card working. Hardware is a Gigabyte  GA-890FXA-UD5 with IOMMU
and an Athlon II. I used the howto by David Techer to get my card
running.

Currently I can only use the driver version 275.xx of the nvidia
closedsource driver. All newer versions do not work (I guess this is
known).

I want to update my DomU and I want to use this DomU as a mediacenter
with XBMC, so I need 2D acceleration.

Has someone experiences with using an other driver like the open
source nouveau driver? I don't care how fast the driver is as long as
it is fast enough für HD movies.
Any hinds where I can get some more support for the closed source
driver would also be great expect the official nvidia support forum.

Thanks!

Ben