Re: [Xen-users] Bridged networking example

Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk <at> ondore.com> writes:

> > # brctl show
> > | bridge name       bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> > | xenbr0    8000.**********e1       no              eth0
> Where is your vif1.0? I assume your DomU ID is "1", so vif1.0 should be
> attached to xenbr0. If it is non, than this might be the problem.

Yes, Dom1 has ID 1. I tried adding the interface manually with "brctl addif
xenbr0 vif1.0":

| bridge name   bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
| xenbr0        8000.**********e1       no              eth0
|                                                       vif1.0

Unfortunately, still no networking on Dom1.

According to the docs, "xl create" should call the /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge
script. However, I can rename it to vif-bridge-OFF and everything remains the
same: The vif is created but not added to the bridge. It seems the script is not
executed after all. This is in my xl.conf:

| # default vif script
| vifscript="vif-bridge"
| #vifscript="vif-route"

> Is **.**.97.65 reachable/pingable from DomU? I guess it's reachable from
> Dom0, since it is Dom0's gateway.

Nope, I can't ping the gateway.

(BTW @Jan: acpi=1 apic=0 doesn't help neither.)