[Xen-users] XFCE auto login failure

Hi,

We have a strange problem here and I hope someone can help.

I have a Xubuntu 12.04 host holding a Xubuntu 12.04 guest. They are both configured to auto login at boot and have identical /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf files. The guest has a VNC console.

The host boots and logs in fine.

When I watch the guest boot over VNC, it goes through the boot messages,  black screens for a second then sits at the lightdm login.

There is something odd in the lightdm log. It says the auto login had been authorised, drops to the correct id and group, and says it is kicking off the xfce4 startx but the next line says that a new display (7) had become available and it claims it and starts over.

If I log in manually,  the line after the startx says that the session is being registered. My theory is that the X session is either terminating or dying after about 300ms. The only nasty I can find in the. Xorg log is a message that there has been an FBIOSYNC bad argument.

Does anyone have an idea what may be happening or how to fix it please?

Thanks,
Paul.

--
Sent from Kaiten Mail on Android. Please excuse my brevity.