Re: [Xen-users] XCP Question

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 12:21 +0000, Casey DeLorme wrote:

> Can you clarify this for me? ÂIf I run the following command
> (adjusting the port to match the dom-id off the 5900 range) from the
> machine I want to connect from it opens and forwards traffic from the
> XCP Server to the machine I am using?
>

> ssh -L 5901:127.0.0.1:5901 user@xcpserver-ip

This is described in ssh(1). It will login to xcpserver-ip and bind
127.0.0.1:5901 (where 127.0.0.1 is resolved on xcpserver-ip) to 5091 on
the client machine (the one you ran ssh on).

Ian.

Another quick and easy way to have console access to your VMs is to download the XVP VM and import it. Start it up, run the configure and then browse to that IP with a web browser. I don't use it for a lot but it's solid code.
Grant McWilliams
http://grantmcwilliams.com/

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."Â
Now they have two problems.