Re: [Xen-users] Failure in creating PV guest VM

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 20:02:21 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 02:04:14 +0000

Hello.

El 05/01/13 05:43, Jihed M'selmi escribió:
On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx
The same mirror where you got your vmlinuz and initrd.gz, has a file
xm-debian.cfg. It has a brief instruction in the header. Never used it
that way, but looks promising. Maybe you should try to stick to those
instructions. My python is poor, but it does not look like running the
debian-installer within the DomU.
=======>
I had a some wanings:
warning: Config file looks like it contains Python code.
warning:  Arbitrary Python is no longer supported.
warning:  See http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/PythonInXlConfig
Failed to parse config: Invalid argument
Hm. As I told you, I have never used it that way, so can't help much.
The error message is clear enough by itself, this config will not be usable under your setup "as is".

If you insist using debian-installer, you should pay attention to Ian about how to debug the crash reason. One of the first steps would be adding this to your config, as he suggested:
on_crash="preserve"
(Instead of mine on_crash="destroy")
...and inspecting the console.

Another good thing to look at:
run "xl create ..." without -f option. Does it complain, about what?
Try -v option for "xl", it might give some useful output also.
===========>
Without option -f, it asked me to turn off the xend service ... and I
don't know why.
Maybe because you are running xend service, which conflicts with xl?
Xend and XL are different toolstacks designed to manage Xen infrastructure, they conflict with each other:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XL
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Choice_of_Toolstacks

Stick to "xm", or switch your default toolstack. Google for the exact error message you obtain, to find reference how to do that.

This reference seems to be based on xl:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Debian_Guest_Installation_Using_Debian_Installer

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov