Re: [Xen-users] Need A 30,000 Foot View Of XCP

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Jim Hall <hallcarrjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My Boss wants to use XCP as we are a startup and trying to save money. ÂI am not sure he fully understands how XCP works. ÂI am familiar with VmWare but not this. ÂI went to the xen.org site and downloaded XCP Cloud Â(he wants cloud). ÂI successfully installed this on a server. ÂI used the entire disk(not sure if that is correct). ÂMy next issue is how do I connect. ÂI thought I was supposed to use Xencenter but that may not be free.. ÂMy boss told me to use Openstack and OpenManager. ÂI believe Openmanager is the way to connect to the server but works on Linux(which we do not have...Yet) ÂI see you can make it work on windows but probably not a good idea. Â Then the Openstack I am just sort of lost. Â Can someone give me a overview of what I need to do. ÂOur goal it to have a couple of VM's running windows server and Microsoft Lync Server. Â

Guys I have been doing IT stuff for a long time but this is new to me any guidance I would be grateful for.

Jim,

Did you follow my answer to your question on my site?

Grant McWilliams
http://grantmcwilliams.com/

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."Â
Now they have two problems.