Re: [Xen-users] migrate from physical disk problems in xen

Peter Gansterer <peter.gansterer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just a quick hint: Make sure the iscsi blocksize is the same as on the
>original devices.
>We once had a similar problem when we migrated from physical to iscsi.
>It turned out windows 2003 couldn't cope with the 4k blocksize we
>wanted to use for the targets. We fell back to 512bytes (I think) and
>everything was fine.
>
>Check there: /sys/block/<device>/queue/physical_block_size

Thanks for the idea, all drives (in domu) show 512, and dom0 also shows 512....

I'm just making another copy of my "backup" and will try using the dd image
file instead of writing it to a block device. I doubt it will help, but worth a
try.

Regards,
Adam

Regards,