Re: [Xen-users] migrate from physical disk problems in xen

Steven Peckins <sep16@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 13:31:42 -0500, Adam Goryachev
><mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I'm at a complete loss on how to resolve this issue, or what to
>try/look
>> at. If all else fails I figured to try and create a new 300G drive,
>> format it from win2k, and then somehow transfer the files from Linux
>
>> into win2k, without losing any of the permissions / etc which I guess
>
>> will be somewhat challenging.
>
>I've had good luck with the ntfs-3g utilities
>(http://www.tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-download/), namely ntfsclone,
>for
>copying NTFS partitions in Linux.  As an alternative to dd you might
>try
>formatting a new disk in the Windows domU, mount it on a Linux machine,
>
>and use ntfsclone to copy the original to the new partition.

Awesome idea, thanks for that, if my current attempt fails, then that will be
the next thing to try. Format the drive in windows (domU), then try and mount
it in the dom0, and if it works, copy the data into it with ntfsclone.

Thanks,
Adam

Regards,
Adam