Re: [Xen-users] migrate from physical disk problems in xen

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Steven Peckins" <sep16@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:34:16 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 20:35:08 +0000

I'm at a complete loss on how to resolve this issue, or what to try/look at. If all else fails I figured to try and create a new 300G drive, format it from win2k, and then somehow transfer the files from Linux into win2k, without losing any of the permissions / etc which I guess will be somewhat challenging.

I've had good luck with the ntfs-3g utilities (http://www.tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-download/), namely ntfsclone, for copying NTFS partitions in Linux. As an alternative to dd you might try formatting a new disk in the Windows domU, mount it on a Linux machine, and use ntfsclone to copy the original to the new partition.

--steve