Re: [Xen-users] Problemi using vif-route script

Hello Ian,
hello all,

thanks for your great work on Xen.
Actually I am facing a similar Problem with Xen 4.2.1 and vif-route:
Routing setup does not work as the IP(4)-Address of domU vif is not
transferred to xenstore, therefore the ${ip} variable in the xen scripts
is empty, and I cannot add the route to my domU in dom0 (no proxy_arp
setup). The setup has worked perfectly under Xen 4.1 with xm/xend
toolstack before I switched to 4.2.1.

It seems that
1) in xl.conf you cannot pass a parameter to vif-route like
vifscript="vif-route netdev=bond0" any more,
as /etc/xen/scripts/vif-route netdev=bond0 cannot be executed (error in
xl log). I could workaround that...

2) from domU config:
vif = [ 'mac=de:ad:a:1e:42:3,ip=10.3.2.3',
        'mac=ba:cc:7f:0:4:1,bridge=backupbr0,script=vif-bridge']

The IP is not parsed so the ${ip} variable in the xen scripts is empty.

If this is not a (known) bug or a general issue, I will provide some
logs (xen-hotplug.log or verbose vif-route etc).

Many thanks and best Regards,
Ulf