Re: [Xen-users] {Beginner's question}: Invoking hypercalls from domU PV guest domain

On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 04:22 +0000, Lakshman Jayaraju wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way I can invoke hypercalls from domU PV guest without
> modifying kernel source?

What are you trying to achieve? What is your end goal?

> I mean either from user programs or Loadable kernel modules.

In theory root inside a guest should be able to use /proc/xen/privcmd
via the libxenctrl library. However IIRC this was restricted to dom0
kernels until very recently.

A loadable kernel module should still be able to make a hypercall.
There's nothing special about writing such a kernel module for Xen vs a
native kernel module AFAIK.

Ian.