Re: [Xen-users] Windows QEMU resolution

On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 19:06 +0000, Paul Stimpson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Windows guest under XL with Xen 4.2.0 and I'm trying to
> increase the resolution of the VNC console.
>
> I added:
>
> extra = "xen-fbfront.video=32,1920,1200"

Does Windows really have a xen-fbfront driver? I've not heard of such a
thing. In any case "extra" adds something to the PV guest kernel command
line, which isn't going to go anywhere an HVM Windows guest kernel I'm
afraid.

> to the config file and Windows now offers me a choice of 800x600 or
> 1024x768 as available screen resolutions rather than just 800x600 so
> something has happened. My initial thought was that I wasn't seeing the
> higher resolutions because I hadn't allocated enough memory to the video
> so I tried 64,1920,1200 and 256,1920,1200 but I still don't see anything
> better than 1024x768 available in Windows.
>
> What am I doing wrong please?

You need to be looking at the options relating to the emulated VGA
device and video ram etc in xl.cfg(5).

Ian.