Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 freeze on HVM DomU Windows reboot with VGA passthrough

Hi,

may I take an educated guess: You only see the dom0 freeze when you
are hiding 2 vgas from dom0?

Cause this is what my behaviour
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/users/273630) and i've seen
this issue coming up on the mailing list by others..

Also, we got a patch for the blankscreen-on-domU-restart thing if you
are still experiancing this.. I posted it here:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2013-03/msg00127.html
(in this thread the guy has the dual vga passthrough as well, so it
might be worth reeding furthor)

Oh yeah, and one last thing: I don't know what git branch you are
using but they switched default qemu in unstable and the new
qemu-upstream has a bug so vga passthrough doesn't work with more then
4GB of Ram assigned to a domU (bug described here:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-03/msg00211.html )..
so for the behaviour you are used to (using qemu-xen-traditional) you
have to now say that explicitly in your domU config)