Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 freeze on HVM DomU Windows reboot with VGA passthrough

Hi,

> may I take an educated guess: You only see the dom0 freeze when you
> are hiding 2 vgas from dom0?

        I do have two VGA cards, but I have tested passing through only
one card, using xl, without pciback.hide.

> Also, we got a patch for the blankscreen-on-domU-restart thing if you
> are still experiancing this..

        Thanks, that's good to know.

> Oh yeah, and one last thing: I don't know what git branch you are
> using but they switched default qemu in unstable and the new
> qemu-upstream has a bug so vga passthrough doesn't work with more then
> 4GB of Ram assigned to a domU (bug described here:
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-03/msg00211.html )..
> so for the behaviour you are used to (using qemu-xen-traditional) you
> have to now say that explicitly in your domU config)

        I've been testing with xen 4.2.1 from git
(bb4d9534d139615190c752cb0b8a05ef39e2d84b). I guess I will some
more tests with xl and qemu-traditional tonight.

--
Regards,
Howell.