Re: [Xen-users] Software Raid 5 domu performance drop

  • To: braintorch <kkabardin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 13:47:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 26 May 2013 13:48:11 +0000

> So, writing without caching is almost the same. Reading is halfed in
> compare to dom0, but this is not really an issue to me.
> Is there a way to optimize DomU caching to boost write speed?

I think you wouldn't want to do this if you value your data. Maybe dom0 just
has more memory than domu?

Are you saying that raid5 has a specific problem or is this just what you
happen to be using? Can you do some other tests with just a single harddisk
passed through to domu? And maybe a raid1 too?

James