Re: [Xen-users] DomU suspension/hibernation

Joshua,

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Joshua Tuttle <jtuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for replying.

I applied a patch " hotplug/Linux: xendomains compatibility with xl" , but still have had no luck. The only thing it fixed, is if I place a symlink to my config file in /etc/xen/auto, it will automatically start the domU instance. However, its still not putting a previous instance into a hibernated state.

Try this: edit /etc/xen/xl.conf and add in the following line (remove if its already in there and using 'json':
--
output_format="sxp"
--

One thing I noted when looking in there is that a lot of the logic around determining dom information is based on the sxp format. I'm looking into a way to change that over to use json (will need to be using perl instead of sed, from what I can tell, since sed doesn't seem to like the non-greedy regex operation)

Regards,

  David