Re: [Xen-users] DomU suspension/hibernation

On 18/06/13 19:56, David Sutton wrote:
Joshua,

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Joshua Tuttle <jtuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for replying.

I applied a patch " hotplug/Linux: xendomains compatibility with xl" , but still have had no luck. The only thing it fixed, is if I place a symlink to my config file in /etc/xen/auto, it will automatically start the domU instance. However, its still not putting a previous instance into a hibernated state.

Try this: edit /etc/xen/xl.conf and add in the following line (remove if its already in there and using 'json':
--
output_format="sxp"
--

One thing I noted when looking in there is that a lot of the logic around determining dom information is based on the sxp format. I'm looking into a way to change that over to use json (will need to be using perl instead of sed, from what I can tell, since sed doesn't seem to like the non-greedy regex operation)

Regards,

  David
Would this affect the restore element of xendomains. AFAIR, it just iterates through the save folder and tries to restore whatever is there provided the header matches (which the patch is supposed to fix).

Actually, Joshua, can you paste up lines 28 to 38 and line 260 of xendomains

If you have applied the patch I think you have, should be like:-

CMD=xm
HEADCOMP="LinuxGuestRecord"
$CMD list &> /dev/null
if test $? -ne 0