Re: [Xen-users] issue on ssh to domu in Xen 4.0

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 10:49:46 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 15:50:53 +0000

Hello, Xiao.

I must agree with Wei, it seems like some OS level issue, not related to Xen.

El 08/07/13 07:51, xiao ling escribió:
I install Xen 4.0.1 step by step according to the installation of Xen
4.0.1. I can create Para domU and use console to access it, but I can
not use ssh to domU. When I use ssh to link the domU, I can not access
the tty of domU after inputting password. I did not why like this?
As I understand, a SSH client does prompts you for password. It means that the low level bidirectional TCP connection was established, so the networking and firewall configuration must be fine.

Actually, xvc0 is fine. Do anyone meet this situation and can you give
me a solution?
I suggest you 2 measures:
1. Check your DomU logs for any messages, that appear in the same time: when a SSH connection is attempted. Find thm under /var/log; messages, syslog, auth.log, daemon.log. 2. Give your connection some time, just wait up to a minute. It happens that SSHd tries to log the connection using reverse host name resolution of the client, not it's IP. If your DNS server is slow or unable to answer, SSHd waits a while before giving up.

If this does not help to solve the issue, the indicated place to ask about it is a forum or mailing list specialized on your DomU Linux distribution (CentOS? Ubunut?).

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov