Re: [Xen-users] Problems with VGA Passthrough

Hello Javier,

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM, dkeruza <dkeruza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I ended up compiling xen 4.1.4 with patches for VGA Passthrough
[...]
Check this message for info.
http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/VGA-passthrough-radeon-4850-as-primary-card-tp5714485p5714606.html

following your advice, I was able to see VGA Passthrough working for the very first time.
I compiled Xen 4.1.4 after applying the patches here:
The installation was a bit messy, since makefiles of 4.1.4 did not honor PREFIX variable.
USB passthrough does not seem to work, I used PCI passthrough of one of the two EHCI controllers on the motherboard.
Unfortunately, however, with this setup my VMs are quite unstable.
A Windows 8 VM reboots after waiting for some time after boot, before logging in.
A Windows 7 VM at first seemed to work, but it stopped responding after being left alone for a few minutes (perhaps it's something related to power management).
Do you know why these patches are not on Xen development tree (yet)?
Cheers,

Paolo