Re: [Xen-users] Xen guest domains Console- How to interact with it?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 09:54:22 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:55:30 +0000

Hello.

El 09/07/13 07:14, Fizza Hussain escribió:
Hi,

I am using Xen 4.1.1. I am using console to access domU. The command *xm
console <domain id>* gives me this
timestamp.

T(s=1373371971 us=532140)
T(s=1373371972 us=532207)
T(s=1373371973 us=532275)
T(s=1373371974 us=532342)
T(s=1373371975 us=532409)
T(s=1373371976 us=532477)
T(s=1373371977 us=532545)
T(s=1373371978 us=532613)
T(s=1373371979 us=532680)
T(s=1373371980 us=532747)
T(s=1373371981 us=532814)
T(s=1373371982 us=532885)
T(s=1373371983 us=532954)
T(s=1373371984 us=533021)
T(s=1373371985 us=533088)
T(s=1373371986 us=533156)
T(s=1373371987 us=533223)
T(s=1373371988 us=533290)
T(s=1373371989 us=533358)
T(s=1373371990 us=533427)
T(s=1373371991 us=533495)

I dont know how to interact with such console? I am expecting to see a
normal text login screen.
Lot of applications write stuff to the console, so the login prompt is often lost from the view. Just hit Enter, and it should show up.

The repeated timestamp you see must be debugging output form some app. If it spams too fast, the usage of the console might be very uncomfortable.

Please help me what should I do in order to access the domU and perform
various operations on it (installing some apps/software)?
Usually, the console of a VM Guest is intended for debugging and recovery tasks, specially on a UNIX inspired system. You would probably find it more comfortable to perform the system administration via a SSH terminal, you even may use it to transport graphic applications to your desktop.

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov