Re: [Xen-users] VGA Passthrough of AMD HD8670D IGP to HVM Win7 results in "Code 43"

On 07/11/2013 10:46 PM, Casey DeLorme wrote:

One of the biggest problems I have had with passthrough is the degraded
state.  Not everyone has had the same experiences, but for me whenever
the card is initialized (eg. Dom0 boot without passthrough, any DomU
boot or reboot) subsequent initializations cause the degraded state.

That's a fair point - Gustav, do you have the radeon driver blacklisted? In lspci -vvv, does it show up as bound to the radeon driver or the pciback driver?

  For me while in that degraded state installing and removing drivers
has never succeeded.  It also is unreversible in the Windows 7 VM's I
tried.  So my approach is generally to setup the system over VNC or SDL
first, omitting all pci devices, then creating a dd backup of the
logical volume to restore in the event of a problem during graphics install.

Snapshots help. I have learned to love ZFS for this kind of thing.

Gordan