Re: [Xen-users] question regarding booting custom guest kernel

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 06:15:28PM +0200, Aastha Mehta wrote:
[...]
> > > hotplugpath.sh
> > > hotplugpath.sh.dpkg-dist
> > > xen-hotplug-common.sh
> > > xen-hotplug-common.sh.dpkg-dist
> > > vtpm-hotplug-common.sh
> > > xen-hotplug-cleanup
> > >

> > This doesn't look right. There're many other scripts in Xen's source
> > tarball. Make sure you install Xen properly first please.
> >

> Well this the complete list of scripts in /etc/xen/scripts/

This looks OK to me.

> > > I added the following line in the config file for original kernel:
> > > bootloader   = '/usr/local/lib/xen/bin/pygrub'
> > > Everything else was the default generated -
> > >

> > I'm very confused. You seemed to introduce many variables all at once.
> >
> > Can you use something that works as baseline then gradually modify
> > things to what you want?
> >
> > Wei.
> >

> I first added the null hypercall in Xen hypervisor, and tested it through a
> simple test program in dom0 itself. That worked. I am now trying to get an
> application to make a syscall to the guest OS, and then the guest make
> hypercall to Xen.

What I meant is, if you want to use your kernel in a VM created by
xen-create-image, you can start with building a VM with the in-stock
kernel, verify that VM works as expected, then put your kernel in that
VM.

Wei.