Re: [Xen-users] Live Migration - Freeze

On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 16:44 -0600, Shane Johnson wrote:
> In digging deeper into this, I was looking at the CPU flags and
> noticed that between the two machines, they are considerably
> different.  Could this cause an issue?  I thought CPU flags where only
> an issue in XCP.

CPU flags are always an issue, since a guest which starts on one host
expects to find at least the same set of processor features on the
destination too.

You can use the cpuid syntax in your cfg file to hide features on the
source domain, or I htink there is a way to do it host wide with a xen
command line parameter. it's a bit more manual with regular Xen as
opposed to XCP, andI'm afraid I'm not 100% sure of the details. I
suppose the docs and/or wiki ought to have something.

Ian/